SPOKANE, Wash. - The race for Spokane's next city council president has narrowed yet again, but it's still too close to call.
New numbers show a 346-vote difference, with Breean Beggs catching up to his opponent Cindy Wendle to replace Ben Stuckart as city council president.
Different story for the city council president race as Beggs closes the gap from yesterday’s 851 vote defecit.— Maher Kawash (@MaherKXLY) November 8, 2019
He now trails by 346 with another ballot count expected to be released around this time tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/1UFLSawhVl
A second wave of results previously showed Wendle leading Beggs by 851 votes.
Election results won't be certified until Nov. 26.
- Local woman, community raises over $5K for friend's prosthetic leg
- Bus service will soon offer $10 rides from Spokane to Seattle
- Moses Lake Police need help identifying man hit by car
- Community Resource Exchange helps those in need find free services
- 'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
- Bomb threat forces evacuation at Moscow Middle School