A new push is in full swing to bring back $30 per year car tabs in Washington state. Right now supporters are trying to get the required number of signatures to get Initiative 976 on the ballot.
Under I-976, you'll pay just $30 per year to license your cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, motor homes, RVs, 5th wheels, and other vehicles. Supporters say the initiative also guarantees that once car tabs are set at $30 for everyone, the only kind of new tax they can impose on vehicles must be voter approved and must be based on Kelley Blue Book value. Supporters say, that way the state government would only be able to tax vehicles at what they're actually worth, and only with the voters' permission. The group has until the end of December to collect 350,000 signatures needed to qualify the initiative.
- Lapwai man leaves scene of accident, arrested by deputies
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code