SEATTLE, Wash. - Firefighter Steve Potratz-Lee won the Scott Stair Climb at the Columbia Tower this past weekend, climbing 69 flights of stairs (which equals 1,356 steps and 800 vertical feet) wearing 50 lbs of gear, in just 10 minutes and 44 seconds.
After placing second last year, the 31-year-old former University of Idaho track athlete beat out this year's next finisher by 3 seconds, dethroning Missoula firefighter Andrew Drobeck who had won the climb the last several years.
Potratz-Lee says he is looking forward to defending his title next year.
Over 1,500 firefighters participated this year, climbing Seattle's tallest building to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society cancer research.
- SCA: battle for the northwest
- Northern Quest Casino Summer Concert Series begins
- McMorris Rodgers releases statement on family border separation
- CDA conducts parking study in midtown area
- Police respond to shooting in north Spokane
- Spokane's Catholic bishop condemns separation of children from immigrant parents