SEATTLE, Wash. - Firefighter Steve Potratz-Lee won the Scott Stair Climb at the Columbia Tower this past weekend, climbing 69 flights of stairs (which equals 1,356 steps and 800 vertical feet) wearing 50 lbs of gear, in just 10 minutes and 44 seconds.
After placing second last year, the 31-year-old former University of Idaho track athlete beat out this year's next finisher by 3 seconds, dethroning Missoula firefighter Andrew Drobeck who had won the climb the last several years.
Potratz-Lee says he is looking forward to defending his title next year.
Over 1,500 firefighters participated this year, climbing Seattle's tallest building to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society cancer research.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day