POST FALLS, Idaho - A Post Falls Police K9 found himself in the dog house this week. K9 Duco damaged a police car door, according to police.
In a press release, Post Falls Police said K9 Duco's handler, Sergeant Bowne, was driving him home when he noticed an erratic driver on the road and pulled them over. During the traffic stop, police said K9 Duco damaged the weather stripping to one of the patrol car's doors.
The police department humorously added, "It is pawsible that you were simply frustrated by an after-shift traffic stop when you just wanted to get home to your dinner."
K9 Duco's handler reportedly said some hurtful words to him when he saw the damage. Rest assured, however, the police department made clear that we would not have his toys taken from him, and they know he is a good boy.
Post Falls Police did say, though, "any further incidents of this nature could result in further discipline up to and including neutering."
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Man charged with hit and run in Spokane Valley crash
- Health officials confirm two vaping-related lung illness in Spokane County
- Visit Washington State and National Parks for free on September 28
- #happylife: Why you might have to wait longer to get your flu shot
- Mayor Condon vetoes ordinance limiting inter-agency employee 'loaning'
- Car crashes into work zone on I-90 near Medical Lake