SPOKANE, Wash. - You may have seen them at your local farmers market or at the top of Doomsday Hill: a family of smiling faces with popsicles in their outreached arms.
That would be the Blanton family, the new owners of Poppy Unique Frozen Treats.
The Blantons took over the popsicle stand when the previous owner put it up for sale. They have spent the last six months expanding their mobile popsicle business to a new brick and mortar location.
The new shop will be in a 140-square foot space on Northwest Boulevard, across from Audubon Elementary. But don’t worry, the mobile stand isn’t going away.
Along with the physical expansion, the Blanton family is also expanding the menu. There will still be a variety of ice pops, with flavors like watermelon kiwi and pineapple ginger, but the store will also carry a line of cheesecake pops, coffee pops and even root beer float pops.
Poppy Unique Frozen Treats will also offer catering for big events like weddings and birthdays.
The grand opening is set for Saturday, June 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Learn more on their website.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Cool off in the summer heat with a Poppy Unique Treat!
- Crash blocks all lanes of Highway 27 near Jackson Road
- Employees file tort claims against Asotin County judge
- Washington State and National Parks offer free admission on Sunday
- Man seriously hurt in Hillyard shooting, police looking for shooter
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs