SPOKANE, Wash. - You may have seen them at your local farmers market or at the top of Doomsday Hill: a family of smiling faces with popsicles in their outreached arms.
That would be the Blanton family, the new owners of Poppy Unique Frozen Treats.
The Blantons took over the popsicle stand when the previous owner put it up for sale. They have spent the last six months expanding their mobile popsicle business to a new brick and mortar location.
The new shop will be in a 140-square foot space on Northwest Boulevard, across from Audubon Elementary. But don’t worry, the mobile stand isn’t going away.
Along with the physical expansion, the Blanton family is also expanding the menu. There will still be a variety of ice pops, with flavors like watermelon kiwi and pineapple ginger, but the store will also carry a line of cheesecake pops, coffee pops and even root beer float pops.
Poppy Unique Frozen Treats will also offer catering for big events like weddings and birthdays.
The grand opening is set for Saturday, June 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Learn more on their website.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- University of Utah students host walkout on anniversary of Lauren McCluskey's death
- Talking about suicide: local expert gives advice on starting the conversation
- Truck drives through barbed wire fence in fatal crash near Medical Lake
- Families can soon get up to 18 weeks of Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building
- 4 News Now Exclusive: Convicted killer, former deputy Tom Dibartolo on work release