SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Republican U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has a slight lead over Democrat Lisa Brown in the first independent poll in their race for the U.S. House seat for Washington's 5th congressional district.
The independent poll released on Wednesday showed McMorris Rodgers leading Brown, 44 percent to 38 percent. However, the poll has a margin of error of 5 percent, meaning the result could be within the margin. The poll found 16 percent of voters were undecided and 3 percent preferred another candidate.
McMorris Rodgers has had easy victories in her seven previous races.
The Elway poll of 403 voters was conducted between April 4-7 and commissioned by The Spokesman-Review , KHQ-TV, the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, Spokane Public Radio and the Lewiston Tribune.
- Pend Oreille flooding to get worse, homes already taking on water
- Your Memorial Day 2018 travel guide for Washington roads
- It's summer time in north Idaho
- Kids get reading help from a Summer Reading Buddy at the library
- Mayor orders flags at half-staff in support of shooting victims
- Route of the Hiawatha bike trail opens Saturday