WASHINGTON - A progressive senator from Wisconsin has called for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's salary to be withheld until EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland is allowed to testify in the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, according to a report by The Hill.
Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) sent a letter to Pompeo on Tuesday saying the law allows Congress to withhold compensation if a federal official prevents another government employee from communicating with "any Member, committee, or subcommittee of the Congress."
The State Department blocked Sondland from testifying in his scheduled House deposition on Tuesday.
In his letter, Pocan referred to a piece of legislature signed by Trump himself earlier this year.
- REO Speedwagon cancels Spokane show, promises to re-schedule
- Coeur d'Alene library reports political books are frequently hidden
- Criminal charges against Benton County sheriff dismissed, attorney says
- 81-year-old driver arrested after crashing into school bus, other car in north Spokane
- New PSA links younger tackle football players to heightened risk of CTE
- Another sexually violent predator released to Spokane; SPD not notified until months later