SPOKANE, Wash. - The House passed its Tax Bill Thursday, and with no Democratic support.
Kxly4 talked with Eastern Washington's Cathy McMorris Rodgers who supports the bill. She says it'll give tax breaks to families in the district and help spur the local economy by relieving small businesses.
“This is tax relief to hard working men and women in Eastern Washington,” said McMorris Rodgers. “Those that are going to work everyday, paying their mortgage, trying to save for retirement, this is going to mean more money in their pockets.”
Critics say the tax overhaul will help the rich get richer by creating a fourth tax bracket for millionaires, and people in high tax states like California worry that rolling back the state and local tax deductions will cost them.
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager
- Geminid meteor shower has arrived
- Regal Cinemas offering Cheetos popcorn