SPOKANE, Wash. - Police tied Andrew W. Smith to over $300,000 in Spokane vehicle thefts.
In a release, Spokane Police said Smith stole keys from local dealerships, then returned later to steal the cars. Officers were able to directly link him to seven different vehicle thefts.
Smith pleaded guilty to two counts theft of a motor vehicle and attempting to elude, but police believe he is responsible for many more crimes.
Smith was sentenced to 18 months in prison and 12 months of probation.
Troy's story: wife of former CD'A principal opens up about suicide, CTE
End of GM strike still uncertain, despite tentative labor deal
- Troy's story: wife of former CD'A principal opens up about suicide, CTE
- City Council approves 'phase one' plans for emergency shelter space
- City of Spokane working on finalizing warming shelter
- Convicted child rapist released, expected to return to Spokane
- PAC finds effective, inexpensive advertising options through social media
- Sacred Heart Children's Hospital pediatrics unit undergoes major remodel