SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley Deputies responded to a report of a 10-year-old child who said a man talked to her in the toy aisle of Walmart and tried to get her to leave with him Monday afternoon. The child ran to an adult family member in the next aisle, and was not grabbed, threatened, or hurt.
Deputies responded to the Walmart at 5025 E. Sprague around 3:15 p.m. Deputies checked the store and surrounding area but couldn't find the man, but with information the child and other witnesses provided, they believe they have possible identified him.
Spokane Valley Sexual Assault Unit will conduct a further investigation.
You can find information on how to keep your children safe here.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family