SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police are investigating two separate shootings that happened back-to-back in downtown Spokane early Sunday morning.
Spokane Police said it was just after midnight Sunday when someone reported a man shot someone at Borracho Tacos & Tequileria. When the officer got on scene, he found the suspect being held down on the ground with a gun nearby. Officers later learned there was a fight at the downtown bar and the man fired one round. Nobody was hit, according to SPD. Investigators don't believe that the man fired at any specific person. SPD did not verify if the man at Borracho's was arrested.
Within minutes of responding to that shooting, officers were called to another crime scene in the busy bar district. People said they heard numerous shots fired on the 400 block of West Sprague. Two women were hospitalized with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
Police stopped the suspect's vehicle at 1st and Stevens.Then they arrested 24-year-old Destiny Tensley. She was booked for two counts of first degree assault. The driver of the vehicle, 20-year-old Emmanuel Tensley, was also arrested and booked for two counts of first degree assault.
Police believe Destiny Tensley knew the two women is accused of shooting.
- 49 Degrees North opens this weekend
- Family's dog dies in Coeur d'Alene fire sparked by space heater
- Altercation involving parent, student at Centennial Middle School prompts investigation
- Car rolls on its side near Ash and Euclid
- Petition to impeach Inslee, Ferguson gets thousands of signatures
- Deputies find person of interest in Hayden gas station hit-and-run