SPOKANE, Wash. - A 50-year-old man was arrested for driving under the influence after crashing into two power poles and ending up in the front yard of a North Spokane home, police said.
Spokane Police and Spokane Fire crews responded to a vehicle vs. power pole crash near W. Queen Ave and N. Normandie Street just before 9 p.m. Monday.
Witnesses told police the vehicle was going about 80 miles per hour before the crash.
The driver, identified as Allen Taylor, was contacted on scene. Police said Taylor was not injured, but showed signs of impairment. Police believe drugs and alcohol were a factor in the crash.
Avista arrived at the scene and repaired the damage to the power poles. No one was injured in the crash.
Spokane families have one month to finish vaccination paperwork, avoid exclusion from class
Wet weather isn't going anywhere this week!
- Ethics complaint filed against Spokane City Councilwoman Karen Stratton
- Cougar spotted in a Spokane neighborhood successfully relocated
- Man behind 'Curing Spokane' video donated nearly $1000 to Woodward campaign
- New car seat laws coming to Washington state in 2020
- Neighborhood Tree Program giving away 500 free trees to Spokane residents
- Hillyard low-income housing development groundbreaking set for Tuesday