SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police have found a convicted felon on the run from a felony warrant with guns, ammunition and drugs. Yesterday, Spokane police learned Elijah B. Zon was staying at the Motel 6 in the 1500 block of South Rustle Street in Spokane. Zon was wanted on an outstanding felony warrant for unlawful possession of a firearm. Zon is a convicted felon which means he can't buy, keep or handle guns.
Zon was found in a motel room and taken into custody on his outstanding warrant.
During the search, police found several guns along with methamphetamine, heroin and drug paraphernalia.
Zon was in the process of painting a short barrel shotgun to look like a toy. The shotgun was painted green and yellow with an orange tip, disguising it as a fake gun.
Zon was booked into the Spokane county jail for four counts of unlawful possession of a firearm, one count of unlawful firearm (due to barrel length) and two counts of possession of a controlled substance (Methamphetamine and Heroin).
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Court: Idaho must give transgender inmate gender surgery
- Spokane Co. deputies looking for man who told 9-year-old girl to 'get in' his van
- Help local kids in need and enjoy live music and classic cars at the same time at Country Cruisin'
- Police arrest two men suspected of shooting EWU football players
- Crews extinguish house fire in Emerson Garfield neighborhood
- 'We're going to follow the law,' Inslee responds to questions about security reimbursement