AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - Police arrested a wanted man Tuesday morning after an hours-long standoff in Airway Heights.
Airway Heights police responded to a residence in the 12500 block of West Frank in Airway Heights around midnight Monday.
Officers were searching for 36-year-old Timothy J. LaFontaine, who had a felony warrant out for his arrest. Police were after the same man last week at a hotel, but that standoff ended with officers finding no one inside. This time, officers tracked him to a trailer home, where he refused to come out.
Officers thought LaFontaine was armed and dangerous but no gun was found. A SWAT team was called in around 12:30 a.m., and they surrounded the home. LaFontaine eventually came out around two hours later and surrendered.
- Air Boss pilot who survived crash had seconds to find a landing spot
- Star Wars ships designer visits Spokane
- SPS strongly enforcing asthma care plans
- New trial request denied for former police sergeant convicted of rape, sentencing set next week
- More firefighters set to respond to fire danger in forecast
- Labor Day impaired driver emphasis starts today!