KENNEWICK, Wash. - A man has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after a woman said she witnessed him sexually assaulting a beaver in Columbia Park in Kennewick, Washington late Monday night.
The woman said she saw someone had run over animal with a car so she tried to help it by wrapping it in a towel before going home to get a container to put it in.
The woman says she returned to the site about 30 minutes later to find the man on top of the beaver with his pants unzipped.
The witness then called police to report the incident.
When officers arrived, they arrested 35-year old Richard Delp, who was also found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine.
He is facing charges of Animal Cruelty and Possession of a Controlled Substance-Methamphetamine.
The witness said the beaver did not survive.
City tests new product to prevent potholes on Spokane's streets
Made in the Northwest: Namaste Foods
- City tests new product to prevent potholes on Spokane's streets
- Pilot not injured in Nine Mile Falls plane crash
- Night vs. day shift: How does it affect nurses?
- Downtown, Shadle libraries set for remodels which will take a year and a half at minimum
- Spokane Valley Mall suspends security guard for harassing teenagers
- Serious crash on US-95 is causing delays south of Tensed