SPOKANE, Wash. - A single engine plane made an emergency landing in Nine Mile Falls on Thursday evening.
The crash was reported near North Dover Road shortly after 7 p.m.
The pilot was the only person on board and was reported uninjured.
According to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office, the plane, a Van's RV-4, experienced mechanical difficulties just after takeoff.
The pilot spotted an open field and made an emergency landing.
BREAKING: Single engine plane made an emergency landing in Nine Mile Falls on North Dover Rd. Pilot was the only person on board and is okay. Unclear what caused plane to crash. #4NewsNow pic.twitter.com/TIQBRZxn6G— Kyle Simchuk (@KyleKXLY) August 23, 2019
- Walk the dog before work, rain moving in Tuesday afternoon
- Sears at the Spokane Valley Mall to close by February 2020
- Hundreds gather to dedicate new Millwood World War I Memorial
- Zags stay at no. 8 in AP Top 25 poll
- Washington's 2019 apple crop one of the largest in history
- A foggy morning should give way to a sunny Veterans Day