On January 4, a simple photo of a brown egg was posted on Instagram. And, as you can imagine, people's minds got scrambled with excitement.
The goal was to beat the (now previously) most liked photo on the platform: a baby picture posted by Kylie Jenner (below).
The post quickly gained traction and easily surpassed Jenner's baby pic 10 days later.
As of Monday, January 14, the egg had 26,225,469 likes -- and that number keeps going up.
News articles from all over the world plastered the internet sharing the post's overwhelming success and community engagement.
Guinness World Records has even recognized the post as the new title holder of "Most like image on Instagram".
I suppose this is egg-xactly the kind of content people like to see on social media.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house