PEND OREILLE COUNTY, Wash. - The Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office has closed the Pend Oreille River to recreational activities due to safety concerns over extremely high flow and flooding.
The closure means no boating, swimming, or any other activity is allowed on the river until further notice.
The river poses an extreme danger due to high flows, cold temperatures, and debris being carried downstream.
You are asked to keep a safe distance between yourself and the river. If you are placing sandbags or trying to protect your property from flooding, wearing a personal flotation device.
As temperatures warm, the river is predicted to continue rising.
- Walk your way to better health at upcoming event
- Fire dept. increases response size near homeless shelter after threats, vandalism
- Authorities release rendering of unidentified woman found in Spokane River
- Spokane's Out of the Darkness walk surpasses fundraising goal ahead of event
- Check your freezer. It could have tainted meat.
- Unemployment in Washington at lowest rate in decades