LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho State Police is investigating a head-on collision near Kamiah, Idaho, that left one person dead and sent two others to the hospital.
The crash is still investigating and a determination into the cause has not been made.
73-year-old Madelon Caren of Kooskia was driving a 2001 Ford Explorer and collided head-on with a 2001 Dodge Durango, driven by 28-year-old Maria Workman of Kamiah. Caren's passenger, 18-year-old Michael Routh, was declared dead at the scene.
Workman was transported to St. Maries Hospital and later airlifted to Spokane. Caren was transported to St. Maries Hospital.
Neither person in Caren's vehicle was wearing seatbelts, but Workman was wearing her seatbelt.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Idaho woman killed in crash near Lewiston
- 80 employees evacuate safely from cannabis facility fire
- Washington State Cougs ranked no. 19 in the AP Top 25 Poll
- Spokane Transit Authority service changes
- WSP Detectives are still looking for fatal hit-and-run suspects
- The Mirror Pond at Manito Park is getting a makeover by spring 2020