WENATCHEE, Wash. - A 20-year-old woman died of her injuries suffered after the car she was a passenger in collided with a Chelan County Public Works snowplow in Wenatchee.
Wenatchee Police and Chelan County Sheriff's Office responded to a reported injury collision in the 1400 block of Skyline Drive before 8:30 Saturday morning. A Honda CRX was driving eastbound on the road when it lost control and crossed the centerline into oncoming traffic. The snowplow - which was headed westbound - crossed into the eastbound lane to try to avoid a head-on collision.
The plow's blade struck the CRX, destroying the front end of the car and compromising the passenger compartment. The 20-year-old woman had to be extricated from the wrecked car by Chelan County Fire District #1 firefighters. She was transported to the Central Washington Hospital where she later died from her injuries. The driver of the CRX, a 22-year-old man, was also transported with injuries.
The plow driver was uninjured in the crash.
The names of all parties will not be released pending notification of next of kin for the deceased.
- Students plan March For Our Lives as news hits of another school shooting
- Officer John Scott fired from Spokane Police Department
- Spokane man sentenced to 11 years in prison for child pornography possession
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Beatles Fantasy Tribute tour coming to Spokane
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to speak at Whitworth University