FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: The 26-year-old who fell has been identified as Noble Stoneman. Dangerous conditions have forced crews to call off the search for his body.
Palouse Falls State Park is closed until further notice as crews search for a man who fell from a cliff Thursday afternoon.
Franklin County Sheriff Jim Raymond said a 26-year-old man was hiking with a friend above the falls - a spot outside of the designated viewing area.
"The ledge gave way, and one of them basically plunged down into the upper pool and was last seen in the pool itself, in the water," Raymond said.
Visitors often choose to go past clearly marked warning signs and park rangers can't stop them.
- Friends of the Library fall book sale starts Wednesday
- Tartar Sauce puts Zip's Drive-In on the map
- Spokane voters to face income tax proposition on November ballot
- New effort to clean up crime in downtown Spokane
- City of Spokane to finish cleaning up storm debris within the week
- Neo-Nazi group posts flyers outside of Spokane church