SPOKANE, Wash. - The annual Women Helping Women Fund luncheon raised $265,000 to benefit programs focused on improving the lives of women and children across the Inland Northwest.
Over 1,600 people attended the 27th annual fundraiser on Tuesday.
All of the money raised goes to 15 organizations that were chosen to receive funds. This year, those orgnizations included:
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Catholic Charities of Spokane
• Community Colleges of Spokane
• Create Your Statement
• Humanities Washingon
• Inland Northwest Farmer Market Association
• Second Harvest
• SNAP Financial Acess
• Spark Central
• Spokane Valley Partners
• Teen & Kid Closet
• The Salvation Arym
• Women's & Children's Free Restaurant and Community Kitchen
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Visit Washington State and National Parks for free on September 28
#happylife: Why you might have to wait longer to get your flu shot
- Visit Washington State and National Parks for free on September 28
- #happylife: Why you might have to wait longer to get your flu shot
- Mayor Condon vetoes ordinance limiting inter-agency employee 'loaning'
- Car crashes into work zone on I-90 near Medical Lake
- Keller Ferry out of service through early October as crews replace terminal, pontoons
- Cash reward being offered in vacant Coeur d'Alene motel fire investigation