SPOKANE, Wash. - Bloomsday participants have spoken and the 2019 Best Bloomsday Entertainer has been named.
Over 1,800 votes were cast and the Otis Orchards Elementary marimba band was chosen as this year's winner.
The lucky winners of the $500 grand prize were stationed near the six mile point of the race.
Four-time champions “Nixon Rodeo”, in their traditional location at the base of Doomsday Hill, came in second this year. The “Angela Marie Project”, situated on Ft. George Wright not far from Spokane Falls Community College, finished third for the third consecutive year.
“With the glorious weather, everyone was having a great time and enjoying the music,” said Bloomsday volunteer Crystal Yurik, who organized the entertainment. “Congratulations to Otis Orchards for standing out in a course full of great entertainment.”
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Longtime NIC baseball coach Jack Bloxom passes away
- Two people rescued near Long Bridge in Sandpoint
- Life of Shianne Soles honored with 21 gun salute at funeral service
- A look at tonight's Armed Forces Torchlight Parade route
- Driver blows through stop sign in Spokane Valley, causes accident
- Defense: FBI found no link between Instagram account, devices from LCHS threat suspect's home