An online petition to stop the city of Coeur D'Alene from charging for parking spots that are currently free in downtown is growing.
The parking near McEuen park is free for the first two hours. The city says starting in the spring, they'll charge one dollar an hour in those spots.
An online petition by a CDA resident is growing fast, though. In just two days, more than 1,700 people have signed the "Change.org" demand.
They want the city to reconsider. City leaders say the money will be used for city beautification and upkeep.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
New PSA links younger tackle football players to heightened risk of CTE
Cat found badly injured in a Spokane neighborhood alleyway
- New PSA links younger tackle football players to heightened risk of CTE
- Cat found badly injured in a Spokane neighborhood alleyway
- Ecology Department will help fire departments get rid of toxic foam
- Spokane mayoral candidates debate union support
- Additional refueling aircraft coming to Fairchild AFB will stimulate local economy
- Deputies arrest man for trespassing, exposing his backside to laundromat employee