WALLA WALLA, Washington - Update: Officers have identified the Walla Walla man shot and killed by police Sunday night as 40-year-old Christopher Adam Borland.
Officers with the Walla Walla Police Dept. responded to help someone who was armed and suicidal around 7:15 Sunday night.
They found Borland in a car on the 1400 block of W. Pine. He tried to drive away, but stopped the car on Myra Road after a short pursuit.
Borland then got out of the car, holding the gun. Police say he refused their commands.
Three officers shot at Borland, “in response to a perceived threat” according to the Walla Walla Police Department.
The three officers involved are now on administrative leave, per department policy.
The Tri-Cities Metro Special Investigations Unit is now investigating the situation.
- Spokane Police still searching for shooting suspect
- Walmart car seat exchange ends early due to 'overwhelming' participation
- Highway 200 crash sends car into river, driver rescued
- Fire ignites propane tanks in northeast Spokane garage; firefighters contain the flames
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- South Carolina newspaper facing massive backlash after 'Hilinski's Hope' headline