COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Post Falls Police Department has released the names of the law enforcement members involved in a deadly shooting in Coeur d'Alene earlier this month.
Members of the Coeur d'Alene Police Department, Kootenai County Sheriff's Office and Idaho State Police responded to reports of a disorderly man in a neighborhood west of Highway 95 on September 4.
Citizens said the man, later identified as 29-year-old Fares J. Al Samno, had a knife and was acting aggressively toward people passing by.
CDAPD officials said officers commanded Samno to drop the knife, but he refused. Officers reportedly attempted to use non-lethal force, including bean bags and tasers, before shooting at Samno. He died at the scene.
The law enforcement officers involved in the shooting include:
- Officer Craig Wade of the Coeur d'Alene Police Department
- Detective Nathan Herbig of the Coeur d'Alene Police Department
- Officer Jacob Brazle of the Coeur d'Alene Police Department
- Deputy Doug Goodman of the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office
An Idaho State Police trooper was also involved, but that trooper's name has yet to be released.
The PFPD, which is leading the investigation, has created an investigative hotline for citizens to call if they have information to share with investigators. That number is 208-777-7140.
Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building
4 News Now Exclusive: Convicted killer, former deputy Tom Dibartolo on work release
- Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building
- 4 News Now Exclusive: Convicted killer, former deputy Tom Dibartolo on work release
- Search continues for Moses Lake hiker who went missing in Skagit Co wilderness
- Local businesses collecting for National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Boat overturns in Lake Coeur d'Alene, men left clinging to floating ducks
- Convicted child rapist booked into Spokane County Jail