COLVILLE, Wash. - The North Mill Creek Fire just northeast of Colville is now fully contained.
The Northeast Washington Interagency Management Team said Tuesday the fire burned 423 acres.
On Monday, handcrews completed and secured the fireline. Mop up operations continued with measurable process and sawyers were used to cut down hazardous trees.
Though the fire is contained, that does not mean controlled. Crews expect the fire will completely contained and controlled by August 20.
The fire sparked around 4 p.m. on Thursday. The cause is under investigation.
- SPD looking for missing 75-year-old woman
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash