UPDATE: Campbell faces 10 counts of sex charges. He is accused of having child porn photos and videos. His bond has been set at $350,000.
A north Idaho teacher was arrested Thursday on the charge of sexual exploitation of a minor.
In a letter sent home to parents Thursday, the Plummer-Worley School District confirms Jeremy Campbell was taken into police custody "pending further investigation."
The letter from Superintendent Judi Sharrett continues, "The district is taking the matter very seriously and following all appropriate protocols. Because this matter involves both an ongoing criminal investigation, as well as a personnel [sic] matter, I am not at liberty to provide any further information at this time."
The district told kxly4 News Friday that Campbell was not arrested at the school, but was arrested in Coeur d'Alene. The Kootenai County prosecutor says the investigating agency is the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
The Kootenai County Jail roster lists Campbell as an inmate booked on Thursday morning under a single charge of sexual exploitation of a child.
- One person injured in shooting near North Central High School
- Washington Wine Month: Wine tasting 101
- Spokane dentist pleads guilty to distributing opioids to former patient
- "Jimmy Kimmel, this is a real place!": Gonzaga students prove they actually exist
- Starting teacher pay raised to $40,000 in Idaho
- Rui Hachimura gets special visit from former NBA player