WHITMAN COUNTY, Wash. - A North Idaho man died in a paragliding accident on Steptoe Butte Saturday morning.
According to the Whitman County Sheriff's Office, deputies and emergency medical crews were called to the butte Saturday morning around 10:30.
Don Croft, 69, of Athol, suffered a head injury and was flown to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane where he died.
A friend who was paragliding with Croft told deputies that Croft crashed twice. Both times it appeared as though gusty winds forced Croft's paraglider to crash as he was trying to fly off the Butte. After the second crash, he complained of dizziness which was getting worse. His friend then called 911.
- WA lawmakers propose bill that would allow opioid overdose medication in schools
- Tip jar stolen from Spokane bakery: Do you recognize the thief?
- Hit & run suspect wanted in Kootenai County
- Shop at River Park Square, get a free ticket to the ice ribbon
- Stress less and be more present! The Union to begin offering free meditation classes
- Survey shows there are fewer distracted drivers in Washington