SPOKANE, Wash - On the heels of the launch of a new state-of-the-art news set and a complete rebrand, Spokane’s ABC affiliate 4 News Now is announcing the hire of a new evening news anchor.
Nia Wong will anchor the 5 and 6 p.m. newscasts, alongside anchor Aaron Luna, chief meteorologist Kris Crocker and sports director Keith Osso.
Wong will also do investigations and special reports.
She comes to 4 News Now most recently from Las Vegas, where she served as a morning reporter and weekend morning anchor at KLAS. Her career has also included stops in San Luis Obispo, California and Eugene, Oregon.
Wong has a degree from University of California, Irvine.
She’s active in the Asian-American community and after graduation, she spent time teaching and working in the education field in South Korea.
“We’re excited to have a journalist like Nia who has cut her teeth as a reporter and has a passion for investigative journalism,” said 4 News Now News Director Melissa Luck. “Both Nia and Aaron Luna are reporters first and believe the true local stories that matter come not on the anchor desk, but in the field and in public records and data. I’m excited to see what they can do together to help dig for local stories and also guide the team of reporters, photographers and producers who help uncover the news that matters in our community every day.”
“It feels great to be back in the Pacific Northwest and I’m excited to bring to light the stories that matter to this community,” said Wong.
Wong makes her 4 News Now debut on Monday, August 19th.
- Country music star John Rich to sign whiskey bottles in Moscow
- What one woman says the City of Coeur d'Alene did with the unclaimed money she found
- Celebrate National Bundt Day with a free cake at this local bakery
- Wonder Building set to debut new marketplace featuring local chef, baristas
- University of Washington needs your dog for new aging study
- Newly built Spokane bus stops under construction again, here's why