SPOKANE, Wash. - Good morning and happy Wednesday! After several days of showers, today should be dry and temperatures will warm slightly, to an expected high of 72 in Spokane.
Here's what you should know to start your day:
It's a solemn day in the United States. Eighteen years ago on this day, thousands of lives were lost in the 9/11 terror attacks. Memorials, remembrances and moments of silence are planned around the country today to mark the somber anniversary.
So, what's up with Chick-fil-A?
Well, we don't really know. It looked like the company was scoping out a space off Newport Highway for a new restaurant. Then, Chick-fil-A said on Twitter that it did not have plans to come to Spokane. Now, the popular chicken chain has filed a construction permit for the location at 9304 N. Newport Highway. The permit is for a restaurant with dual entry drive-thru and 80 stalls. Stay tuned!
Spokane mom on national TV today
A local woman who became the first mom to complete an American Ninja Warrior course will appear on the Kelly Clarkson Show this afternoon. Sandy Zimmerman's husband built a ninja course in the backyard of their South Hill home. Five years of training and four serious injuries later, the 42-year-old PE teacher landed a spot in American Ninja Warrior history. Hear her story of hard work and perseverance, today at 4:00 p.m. on ABC.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house