SPOKANE, Wash. - Good morning and TGIF - it is May 31, here are some news stories to know for your Friday morning:
One man was reported dead in a shooting near Bigelow Gulch between Jenson and Weile on Thursday. The road is closed this morning while the major crimes unit investigates.
A suspect was taken into custody after leading police on a pursuit through Spokane Valley and east Spokane early Thursday morning. SCSO identified the driver as 26-time convicted felon Shane P. Wilson.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for help finding a child rape suspect, 29-year-old Everardo Bello Bagana. He is 5'9" tall and weighs 155 pounds.
The television show Z Nation is over, but its props and costumes live on - and they're all for sale. The show is holding a zombie yard sale to get rid of everything, and it's all at cheap prices. Learn when and where the sale is HERE.
The 92nd Scripps National Spelling Bee had an epic ending with not one, but eight co-champions.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- AMBER Alert issued for Montana boy who may be traveling to N. Idaho
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'See you in court': Family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan