PASCO, Wash. -- A Tri-Cities man who just finished serving a lengthy sentence for a homicide conviction in the early 1990s is accused of molesting a young child shortly after getting out of prison, authorities say.
Jose Rene Lopez, 51, was found guilty of first-degree murder and homicide by abuse in 1992. He was released from prison earlier this year, according to the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office.
On Monday, Pasco police said they arrested Lopez in Kennewick after he was caught on a home surveillance camera sexually abusing a 5-year-old relative while staying with family.
The prosecutor’s office says Lopez has been charged with first-degree molestation. He’s currently being held at the Franklin County Jail on $1 million bond.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house