SPOKANE, Wash. - As soon as this month, construction will begin on a roundabout at the intersection of U.S. 2 and Deer Heights Road. The intersection is at the border of Airway Heights and west Spokane.
The city of Spokane is funding the $1.5 million project, which will be managed by Deer Heights LLC.
A new North 40 Outfitters Center is also coming to the area, according to the city. Construction on the store is expected to begin later this year.
The city of Spokane's Interim Communications Director Marlene Feist said in a release Thursday, "The roundabout will accommodate planned and future development expected in the area and was approved last year."
City leaders are holding an open house where they will discuss the project on Tuesday, April 16, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn, 9015 W. U.S. 2. More information is posted below.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Cash reward being offered in vacant motel fire investigation
Fall into fall with these local festivals and festivities
- Cash reward being offered in vacant motel fire investigation
- Idaho day care worker charged with lewd conduct with child
- Fall into fall with these local festivals and festivities
- WSP Detectives are still looking for fatal hit-and-run suspects
- Spokane homeless advocate remembered for 'unwavering dedication'
- Idaho woman killed in crash near Lewiston