SPOKANE, Wash. - The Bureau of Labor Statistics released new employment data for the Spokane and Spokane Valley region on Wednesday.
The statistics show the average hourly wage, across all occupations, in Spokane-Spokane Valley in May 2018 (the most recent data available) was $23.65. According to the BLS, that's about five percent below the nationwide average of $24.98/hr and nearly five dollars under Washington state's average of $28.56/hr.
Across Washington state, the Spokane-Spokane Valley region had the sixth highest hourly wage of all metropolitan areas surveyed.
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue - $31.44/hr
- Kennewick-Richland - $26.29
- Bremerton-Silverdale - $26.22
- Olympia-Tumwater - $25.99
- Mount Vernon-Anacortes - $24.05
- Spokane-Spokane Valley - $23.65
- Longview - $23.64
- Bellingham - $23.58
- Walla Walla - $23.26
- Wenatchee - $21.98
The average annual wage in the Spokane region was found to be $49,200. That compares to the statewide average wage of $65,301, according to Washington State Employment Security Department data released in June.
The most common job in the Spokane-Spokane Valley area was found to be retail salespersons, with 9,310 workers averaging $14.24/hr.
The highest paid job was found to be "management occupations," at $51.83/hr, followed by healthcare practitioners and technical occupations at $39.86/hr.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house