EPHRATA, Wash. - Nearly 2,000 chickens died in an outbuilding fire in Ephrata Saturday night.
Firefighters from Grant County Fire District 13 were returning home from a crash on Dodson Road when they saw the large outbuilding on fire. The structure was near Neva Lake Road and Railroad Avenue.
D13 and Ephrata firefighters rushed to the scene to extinguish the blaze, which took about 20 minutes.
Crews were able to save a few chickens, but nearly 2,000 died in the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.
Chipotle puts farmers under contracts to prevent carne asada shortages
Rep. Matt Shea talks about the persecution of Christians at church gathering
- Rep. Matt Shea talks about the persecution of Christians at church gathering
- Spokane Police at scene of crash and possible shooting on lower South Hill
- Family starts 'Akira's Foundation' after daughter is severely burned
- Abandoned homes to become affordable housing units in West Central neighborhood
- Second Harvest serves food insecure students at Eastern with Mobile Market
- Kootenai County and resident clash over permitting his private property used for recreation