BENEWAH CO., Idaho - A nationwide extraditable warrant has been issued for a 20-year-old man N. Idaho man accused of kidnapping a North Idaho teen.
The Benewah County Sheriff's Office obtained the warrant for Bradley D. Walters on Monday. Lieutenant Stuart Miller with the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office said the charge is kidnapping with intent to commit a sexual act.
On Monday, KCSO issued an alert for 15-year-old Lacey Jeffries, who had not been seen for several days. The Harrison girl reportedly told her mother she was going to meet her friend Brad, later identified by authorities as Walters.
KCSO received tips that the two got a ride to Worley, where they caught a bus to Coeur d'Alene. The Sheriff's Office said they then took a taxi to the Union Gospel Mission in Spokane, but neither ever checked in. Jeffries was located in Spokane early Tuesday morning and has been reunited with her family.
Authorities are continuing to search for Walters.
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12
- Snow hits mountain passes as students head home for the holidays
- Meet the woman who takes all those nasty calls at the county when roads get bad
- 'There is still a long way to go': Providence fails to reach agreement with Sacred Heart nurses
- Power restored to Avista customers in the Garland neighborhood
- Whitworth sees increase in diversity since making SAT, ACT test scores optional