(CNN) - A woman walked into a humane society in North Carolina and asked to take home the two dogs that had been there the longest, and the ones with the most special needs, WITI reported.
According to a Facebook post, the woman, Leslie, was introduced to Sam, who had extensive medical issues, and 13-year-old Brutus, who has severe separation anxiety.
"We vowed to find these two amazing dogs their second chance, no matter how long it took," the Asheville Humane Society said.
Leslie brought the two dogs home on July 26. There they will have 2 acres of fenced-in yard to "spend their golden years," she said.
"There wasn't a dry eye in sight as staff, board members and volunteers gathered to say a bittersweet goodbye to two of our favorite furry friends!" the post said.
- Country music star John Rich to sign whiskey bottles in Moscow
- What one woman says the City of Coeur d'Alene did with the unclaimed money she found
- Celebrate National Bundt Day with a free cake at this local bakery
- Wonder Building set to debut new marketplace featuring local chef, baristas
- University of Washington needs your dog for new aging study
- Newly built Spokane bus stops under construction again, here's why