A surveillance camera in a South Florida elevator captured a woman repeatedly kicking her small dog, the Miami Herald reported.
The video, taken on Sept. 20, shows the woman cornering and kicking the puppy, a Shih-Tzu named Chastity, after taking it out for a walk.
Police arrested Keevonna Wilson, 24, a week later and charged her with animal cruelty, the paper said. She posted $5,000 bond Sept. 28.
Miami-Dade Animal Services removed the 10-pound dog, the Herald said. Veterinary examination notes said Chastity was frightened but was “friendly and easy to examine.”
The vet found “contusions bilaterally in abdominal area, contusions bilaterally in pinnae, pain upon palpation of lumbar spine and abdomen,” the paper said.
- One dead after crash near Priest River
- Soap Lake man hospitalized after homemade pipe bomb detonates
- Hundreds turn out for Spokane's ice ribbon grand opening
- Air 4 Adventures: Riverfront Park ice ribbon
- Coeur d'Alene School District rethinking cell phone policy
- Second Harvest provides access to healthy food