(CNN) - Flowers Foods is recalling hamburger and hot dog rolls and buns because of a potential choking hazard from small pieces of hard plastic, the Georgia-based company said in a statement.
The company found small pieces of the hard plastic inside production equipment, though there haven't been any illness or injuries reported.
Some of the products were sold under the brand names of 7-Eleven, Great Value, Food Depot, Market Pantry, Natural Grain, Nature's Own, Publix and Wonder.
The recalled items were distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Flowers Foods says that consumers with any of these products should immediately throw them out or return them to the point of purchase for a full refund.
- Hit-and-run victim remembered for his big heart, loyalty to friends
- Coeur d'Alene schools consider later start times
- Groups accuse Woodward of spreading fear, hate over border patrol issue
- Gonzaga Law School opens immigration clinic with Catholic Charities
- Hundreds of SPS students out of class due to vaccine paperwork; 23 citing personal MMR exemptions
- Enjoy Indigenous Peoples Day with a potluck and powwow