A New York woman said she was 17 weeks pregnant when her on-and-off boyfriend, a Virginia doctor, allegedly crushed up an abortion pill and put it in her tea.
Sikander Imran is facing charges of causing of abortion and premeditated killing of a fetus of another, according to court documents, WROC reported.
Fiske and Imran dated intermittently for three years, WROC reported. Imran moved from Rochester, New York, to Arlington, Virginia, for a new job before learning Fiske was pregnant.
“He didn’t want to have a baby, so he tried to talk me into having an abortion, which I didn’t want to do,” Fiske told WROC.
Fiske said Imran poisoned her when she visited him in Virginia to discuss how they would raise the baby, WROC.
“He immediately started crying and said that he was a horrible person and that he had done what I thought he did,” Fiske told WROC.
She told WROC that she was rushed to Virginia Hospital Center, where she went into labor and the baby died.
Fiske said Misoprostol, a medication used to induce labor and cause an abortion, was found in her system, WROC reported. Imran was later arrested and charged in connection with the alleged poisoning.
The trial was scheduled to start Dec. 13, WROC reported. According to court documents, more charges were added and his trial is now scheduled for March 12.
- City of Spokane to launch bike-share program
- Suicide prevention signs hung on Monroe Street Bridge
- BLM temporarily bans target shooting in eastern Washington
- WSU welcomes largest freshman class in history
- Lake City HS football team travels to Wallace to escape poor air quality
- Lumber truck overturns on Idaho State Highway 11