CHICAGO (CNN) - The bomb squad was called to Midway International Airport in Chicago on Monday after a cell phone battery or charger in someone's luggage exploded, police told CNN.
The incident was cleared by the squad and no one was injured, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a tweet.
The bag had been run over by a luggage vehicle and the item did not combust or explode on its own, he said.
"Thanks to everyone for being vigilant and to the firefighters, officers and technicians who assisted," Guglielmi said.
There was no impact on flight traffic, Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.
CNN's Bill Kirkos and Greg Wallace contributed to this report.
- Recent dispute could delay Spokane's newest shelter form opening yet again
- Giving you an inside look at video game addiction rehab
- City councilwoman looks to ban high-pitched alarms aimed at driving away loiterers
- Teen's tradition of giving continues with large donation
- Liberty Lake schools taking extra precautions during boil water advisory
- Mother, daughter give back to assistance program that once helped them