A 5.3-magnitude earthquake shook the Channel Islands off the coast of Southern California Thursday, NBC News and The Weather Channel reported.
There have been no reports of significant damage, NBC reported.
The temblor was centered just off the Ventura County coast.
The Los Angeles Police Department tweeted that it was aware of the quake. “We will work with all our local partners to check infrastructure and critical locations,” the tweet said.
The quake happened at about 12:30 p.m. PT, The Weather Channel reported.
- Lapwai man leaves scene of accident, arrested by deputies
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code