(CNN) - Four firefighters were injured and a body was discovered in a California fire that police believe was intentionally set.
Firefighters were called Sunday to a commercial building in downtown San Jose to respond to a report that a disgruntled former employee or former tenant was threatening to start a fire in the structure, San Jose Fire Captain Mitch Matlow said.
When firefighters arrived, smoke was already billowing out of the building, which had retail space on the ground floor and residential space on the upper floors, Matlow said.
Four firefighters were transported to a local hospital in unknown condition after suffering injuries.
Responders also found a body in the fire that they believe is the man who threatened to start the blaze.
The arson unit and San Jose Police are investigating.
This is a developing story.
- Ski season is coming up; where you can find work this winter
- Spokane has highest inbound home shoppers in the country, study shows
- Rent some reindeer from Reardan business 'Reindeer Express'
- Local woman, community raises over $5K for friend's prosthetic leg
- Bus service will soon offer $10 rides from Spokane to Seattle
- Moses Lake Police need help identifying man hit by car