SPOKANE, Wash. - The Inland Northwest Blood Center will be taking part in a nationwide blood drive to honor Congressman Steve Scalise. Scalise is still in critical condition after being shot during a baseball practice Wednesday.
If you want to donate in honor of the victims, you can stop by any open INBC center Friday through Sunday.
INBC is working with local Knights of Columbus chapters to help people like Scalise through blood donation.
Donations fall by about 40% during the summer while the need for blood increases. While all blood types are currently needed, there is a special need right now for type O blood, especially O-negative. O-negative blood can be given to patients in emergency room situations when there isn't time to crossmatch the patient's blood.
- Detectives identify Cenex visitors from around time of sexual assault
- SCRAPS volunteer gets surprise marriage proposal
- Legendary Brazilian musician to play the Fox
- Cheney police find suicidal person dead in vehicle
- Investigators searching social media accounts of suspected Freeman shooter
- GEG sets passenger, cargo records in 2017