SPOKANE, Wash. - Former KXLY4 News anchor Nadine Woodward confirmed to her former station Thursday that she's considering running for mayor.
Woodward responded to a text from KXLY4's Ariana Lake, saying "NO decision yet."
Woodward was a news anchor at KREM-TV in Spokane for many years before joining KXLY4. She worked at KXLY4 until last week, after telling the station she was retiring from TV news.
Woodward confirmed that she's considering the move in a text from her vacation in Hawaii.
She has spent her entire career as a journalist and has never held political office.
Woodward said there's no timeline for her decision.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- Montana boy found safe, AMBER Alert canceled
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'See you in court': Family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race