SPOKANE, Wash. - Around 24 murals have been added to the Garland District in the last eight years, as a way to discourage graffiti.
Some of the works were painted by artists on a volunteer basis, while other artists were hired by area businesses.
The alley just south of Garland between Post and Monroe has more than a dozen of the beautiful works.
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Beatles Fantasy Tribute tour coming to Spokane
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to speak at Whitworth University
- Detectives arrest more suspects in Red Top Motel investigation
- Deputies link bullet holes found in neighbor's wall to baseball bat suspect
- Coast Guard helicopter avoids drone strike in Port Angeles