SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - MultiCare Valley Hospital announced Wednesday that it has become the first and only hospital in the state of Washington to earn The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.
The advanced certification, established in 2016, was developed in response to the growing number of patients undergoing a total hip or total knee replacement surgery, as well as the increased focus on clinical evidence-based patient care as it relates to pain management, quality of life issues, functional limitation in mobility and the return to normal daily activities.
“Patient, nurse and physician collaboration and consistent quality care are keys to achieving this advanced certification,” said Jon Keeve, MD, Medical Director of the Valley Hospital Hip and Knee Replacement Program. “Best practices and patient data guide our continual improvement. Our program coordinator, Holly Payne, deserves a lot of credit for guiding our efforts year after year to the achievements we celebrate today.”
According to a recent survey, MultiCare Valley Hospital’s hip and knee patients are spending a full day less than the national average in the hospital and have an 89 percent patient satisfaction score, 18 percent above the national average.
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID