A Washington State Patrol trooper helped deliver a baby on the side of a highway on Mother's Day.
Trooper John Bryant tweeted the Tuesday after, telling the story of Trooper Travis Cunningham and baby Luke.
Trooper Bryant said Luke just wouldn't hold on for the ambulance, so Trooper Cunningham and Luke's dad, Joseph, delivered him on SR 153, south of Twisp. Luke was born at 6:39 a.m on Mother's Day, of all days.
Trooper Bryant says Mom, Dad, and Luke are doing great.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Local firefighters experiencing volunteer shortage
- New Zealand Track and Field Olympian, Anne Audain, builds legacy at Spokane's Bloomsday
- South Hill Library to host climate change series through October
- UW medical students recruit bone marrow donors for Be the Match
- City tests new technique to repair Spokane's streets
- Washington pup racks up 8M views on Instagram