MOSES LAKE, Wash. - Police in Moses Lake stumbled upon a crime scene Friday and ended up arresting two men.
Moses Lake Police Officers were driving on Marina when they saw a woman being dragged down the street while trying to stop a car from leaving.
Officers figured the incident was likely criminal and activated their overhead lights as the woman fell off the car and hit the group.
The car stopped and a passenger inside exited. The man, identified as 30-year-old Ruben Sabedra, attempted to walk away, but turned and took an aggressive stance toward one of the detectives. Detectives tackled him and quickly took him into custody.
The driver of the car, identified as Miguel Chavez Amezqua, reportedly put the car in gear and fled.
Officers said he drove to Commerce Street, ditched the car and ran into a business. With the help of an employee, police took Amezqua into custody using a 40mm less lethal tear gas projectile.
The woman trying to stop the car was identified as the owner of the car.
Chavez Amezqua was booked into jail on multiple charges, including first-degree robbery involving domestic violence, felony eluding and an outstanding felony warrant. Sabedra was booked on an outstanding Department of Corrections warrant.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house